Frequently Asked Questions
What happens in a Jumping Beans class?
Children work at their own pace through a child-led programme, guided by their parent/caregiver and one of our qualified instructors.
Each class draws from a wide range of fun activities which include a combination of
- Music and movement or dance for language and self-esteem development
- Ball skills and rhythmic gymnastics for balance and hand-eye coordination
- Safety Skills to help you and your child learn how to navigate their increasing mobility, safely (and to help you sleep easier at night!)
- Fun activities on our specially designed equipment to establish healthy exercise patterns and a love of success and learning
- Bonding time and interactive play between child and caregiver, and socialisation with other children, all of which develops a sense of safety and security (secure attachment) and emotional intelligence
- Check out What We Do At Jumping Beans for more info!
Which Jumping Beans class is right for my child?
Every child is different and we encourage parents to choose a class level by developmental stage, rather than age (we suggest age groups only as a rough guideline). If you are unsure which class is right for your child, please contact us and we’d be happy to help!
Please see our Class Levels section for more info on each of our class levels.
My baby has a morning nap, which class should I come to?
Who leads the Jumping Beans classes?
Can I enroll part way through the current term?
Do you offer make up sessions?
Can I enrol my 3 year old and my 18 month old in the same session?
I have a new baby – what happens if I need to feed them during class?
I am pregnant, how hands-on is the class?
What if my child seems reluctant to join in at first?
Does my child have to do all the suggested activities?
How can I assist my child to get the most out of Jumping Beans?
For how long can my child benefit from Jumping Beans?
The Jumping Beans programme is designed to provide a fun, child-centred learning environment that supports your child through all the developmental stages that typically occur between the ages of 4 months and 5 years – the years where your child will learn the most in their life! Jumping Beans adapts as your child grows, and is always offering new, fun, developmentally appropriate activities to stimulate learning at your child’s level.
Any skill takes practice, consistency and commitment in order to learn it, so we see the greatest benefits in families who participate in Jumping Beans over a longer period of time. Some benefits reported to us are confidence, safety skills, increased coordination and socialisation. These benefits transfer to many other areas of our children’s lives and form a strong foundation for early learning.
We welcome you to join us at Jumping Beans all the way through your child’s preschool years!
Do you cater for babies/children with special needs/spectrum/sensory processing issues?
Do you accept Cerebral Palsy Society of NZ vouchers?
What are your enrollment Terms and Conditions?
To view our safety regulations, and attendance/fees policy, please read our Terms and Conditions